Proats, a combination of protein-packed oats, is a breakfast that not only fuels your morning but also tantalizes your taste buds.
Whether you’re a seasoned enthusiast or just discovering this breakfast gem, this recipe roundup is for you!
What are Proats?
Profits are made with oats, milk, protein powder, and your favorite toppings.
They’re packed with protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates to give you sustained energy!
Here are some of the benefits of eating these protein-packed recipes:
- High in protein: Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, and it also helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Proats are a great way to get a healthy dose of protein in the morning.
- Rich in fiber: Fiber helps to keep your digestive system healthy and can also help to lower cholesterol levels. Oats are a good source of fiber, and proats can be made even more fiber-rich by adding toppings like chia seeds, ground flaxseed, or nuts.
- Complex carbohydrates: Proats are a good source of complex carbohydrates, making them a great breakfast choice for people who are active or who need to focus at work or school.
Tips for Making Proats
- Rolled oats are the best choice because they have a chewier texture.
- A ready-to-drink protein shake is a quick and easy way to make proats. You skip the protein powder and milk.
- Use any type of milk you like. Cow’s milk, almond milk, soy milk, and oat milk are all good options.
- Get creative with your toppings! Suggested toppers include fresh fruit, berries, nuts, seeds, yogurt, granola, and spices.
Recipes: How to Make Proats
Here are some of my favorite proat recipes to try:
If you are a peanut butter fan, check out our Anti-Aging Drink with Peanut Butter and Bananas!
In conclusion, proats offer a delightful and nutritious way to start your day.
With these diverse and delicious recipes, you can explore the world of proats and tailor your breakfast to your liking.
So, grab your favorite ingredients, mix up a batch, and savor the goodness every morning!
Hungry for More?
Check out more healthy recipes in the Age-Defying Dietitian’s Healthy Aging Recipes section of the blog.
Get our latest content delivered directly to your inbox by signing up for our Nutrition for Healthy Aging Newsletter!
Kathryn is a Registered Dietitian and a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach. She is also certified through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in Weight Management. She has 20+ years of nutrition experience working in a variety of healthcare settings. Her passion is to provide evidence-based nutrition information that supports vitality and longevity!