Almond butter toast is quick, nutritious, and tasty!
Here’s a simple and satisfying recipe that you’ll want to make again and again.
Almond Butter Toast – A Simple Delight
This nutrient-dense recipe is quick and easy! Simply spread this nut butter on toast!
It’s both vegan and protein-rich and perfect for any time of day.
How to Make Almond Butter Toast
If you’re looking for a quick, nutritious, and tasty breakfast or snack, this recipe is an excellent choice!
Almond butter is not only delicious, but it’s also a good source of protein, healthy fats, and essential nutrients.
Paired with whole grain toast and a few additional toppings, it becomes a fulfilling and energizing meal.
Here’s a simple and delicious almond butter toast recipe that you’ll want to make again and again.
Almond Butter Toast
- 1 slice bread
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- Spread almond butter on toast.
- Topped with fresh fruit, almonds, and coconut.
Almond Butter Toast Toppings
Almond butter is a versatile ingredient that pairs well with a variety of foods.
Add extra flavor, texture, and nutritional benefits with this extensive list of toppings:
- Sliced bananas
- Sliced apples
- Sliced peaches
- Pomegranate seeds
- Sliced bananas
If you like blueberries, check out this Age-Defying Dietitian recipe – “How to Make Blueberry Toast“.
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Hemp seeds
- Chopped almonds
- Pecan pieces
- Cashew pieces
- Chopped walnuts
- Dried cranberries
- Dried figs
- Dried apricots
- Maple syrup
- Agave syrup
- Date syrup
Sweets & Treats
- Dark chocolate chips or shavings
- Cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut
Even though cacao is a sweet addition, it also has health benefits. You can learn more about the benefits of cacao in this blog post – “7 Cacao Benefits for Skin: Beauty from the Inside Out“.
Dairy & Dairy Alternatives
- Greek yogurt
- Coconut yogurt
- Cottage cheese
Jams & Preserves
- Strawberry jam
- Raspberry preserves
- Apricot jam
- Fig jam
Homemade Almond Butter
Homemade almond butter is a delicious and healthy alternative to store-bought options.
Plus, you have the freedom to customize it to your liking by adjusting the texture and flavors.
Check out the recipe below!
Quick Homemade Almond Butter
- 1 heavy duty blender or food processor
- 2 cups raw almonds
Roast the Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the raw almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the almonds for 10-12 minutes, stirring once or twice to ensure even roasting. They should be slightly golden and fragrant.
Cool the Almonds
- Allow the roasted almonds to cool for a few minutes until they are warm but not hot.
Blend the Almonds
- Transfer the roasted almonds to a food processor.
- Blend the almonds continuously, scraping down the sides as needed, until you achieve a smooth, creamy consistency. This can take 10-15 minutes, depending on your desired texture.
- If the almond butter seems too dry or thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of light olive oil to help achieve the desired consistency.
Store the Almond Butter
- Transfer the almond butter to a clean, airtight container.
- Store the almond butter in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Spread your homemade almond butter on toast, use it in smoothies, baking, or enjoy it straight from the spoon!
Almond butter toast is versatile and satisfying! It makes for a great breakfast or snack that can be customized to your preferences.
Experiment with different toppings such as fruit, seeds, and nuts.
It’s a great way to start your day on a healthy and delicious note!
Hungry for More?
Check out the Age-Defying Dietitian’s Blog for the latest content on all things healthy aging!
Sign up for our Nutrition for Healthy Aging Newsletter to get our latest content delivered directly to your inbox!
*Please note this blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Kathryn is a Registered Dietitian and a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach. She is also certified through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in Weight Management. She has 20+ years of nutrition experience working in a variety of healthcare settings. Her passion is to provide evidence-based nutrition information that supports vitality and longevity!